Thursday, September 9, 2010

BIGFOOT!

Yeah, I have big feet!  I know that.  I’ve accepted that.  I wear a size 13 in the US and a size 48 in most of the rest of the world.  The problem is that there isn’t a place in all of Timor Leste that sells footwear of this size.  I actually had a couple friends look in Bali when they were on vacation, and they couldn’t find any in my size there either. 

Last Friday, I broke my flip-flops.  They are unrepairable.  But, flip-flops are the day-to-day attire for all locals.  Actually, I can’t imagine wearing anything different around the house.  But what was I to do?  I went flip-flop shopping and couldn’t find anything larger than a 45.  The 45 fit more like a much smaller shoe.  Finally I bought a pair of size 42 Adibas for $2.50.  Look closely at the spelling of that brand. “Adibas.”  They are small but better than nothing.  

No comments: