Saturday, July 24, 2010

CHECK YOUR BOOTS BEFORE YOU BUT THEM ON

Yesterday, I got up. I got ready. Then, just as I was walking out the door, I put on my boots. When I got out to the car, I felt a painful stinging coming from my right big toe. I pulled off my boot to check, but found nothing. I figured that it must have been a thorn stuck in my boot. But, when I got back to the house some nine hours later and took off my boots, I noticed a big piece of something on the inside. This didn’t surprise me after all the brush I was walking through that day. I dumped out my boot and much to my surprise, the big piece of something was a two inch long smashed dead scorpion. That explains why my toe hurt so badly. I’m just lucky I killed it so it didn’t keep stinging me.

When I’m camping and need to leave my boots outside I’m in the habit of checking inside them before I put them on. But since I’m staying in a house, I haven’t felt the need to do that. I guess I need to change my habits.

No comments: